Journal is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) marketing is where advertisers pay a fee every time one of their ads is clicked on, which is used to direct traffic to websites.
Search engine advertising is one of the most popular forms of PPC. Advertisers can bid for an ad placement in a search engine’s sponsored links, which appear when someone searches a keyword that is related to their business.
In order to carry out a successful PPC campaign, you must do research into the keywords that will get you the most conversions. Selecting the right keywords is very important in a PPC campaign as search engines reward advertisers by charging them less for ad clicks when they create relevant, intelligently targeted pay-per-click campaigns. Make sure that the words you choose are:
- Relevant – Find targeted keywords that will lead to higher PPC click-through rate but also are cost effective and will increase profits. In short, make sure you bid on keywords that are closely related to what your business offers
- Long tail keywords – Most people try and bid on the most popular and frequently searched terms related to their business, but there is another way to get more conversions at a cheaper cost. Using long-tail keywords that are more specific and less common and therefore less competitive and expensive can be very successful for your campaign. People are searching something very specific to your company, so are way more likely to buy or use you.
- Always adapting – Make sure you regularly look into how your chosen keywords are doing, because the words that are the best to use are always changing, so keep a watch on what keywords are working and what ones aren’t so much.
In order to aid your keyword research, there are a lot of websites that can help you find the best words to use in your campaign by showing you what ones are being searched the most and what ones are being used by other companies. Below are a few websites I recommend to help you make these decisions:
- Moz Keyword Explorer
- Google AdWords Keyword Planner Tool
- Google Trends
- Microsoft Bing Ads Intelligence
- Wordtracker’s Free Basic Keyword Demand
- Google AdWords
Google AdWords is the most popular PPC advertising system in the world and enables businesses to create ads that appear on Google’s search engine and other Google platforms. Using this platform is valuable as Google is the biggest search engine in the world and gets huge amounts of traffic, which will be able to bring your business the most amount of impressions and clicks to your ads than other search engines.
Users bid on keywords and pay for each click on their advertisements. Each time a search is initiated, Google selects advertisers to appear in the valuable space on its search results page. They choose these ads based on two main factors:
CPC Bid – the highest amount on advertiser is willing to spend
Quality Score – Your click-through rate, relevance to search and landing page quality
So, is using PPC worth it? The answer simply to that is… Yes! More and more companies are choosing to do Pay-Per-Click advertising, so in order to keep up with your competition, you should be doing it too! Doing proper research into the best keywords to use and constantly adapting your campaign to keep up with this can help your PPC campaign to be effective. Having a successful PPC campaign can do wonders for your business, dramatically increasing your conversions and ROI, so it could be time you get on board today, as you don’t want to be left behind!